GENERAL INFORMATION and FAQs
CELL PHONE POLICY & YONDR
Zanies is a phone-free venue through a partnership with Yondr. Use of cellphones, smart watches, smart accessories, cameras or recording devices will not be permitted in the performance space. At all performances, guests will secure their phones and smart watches in Yondr cases, which will be opened at the end of the event. Guests will maintain possession of their Yondr case at all times, and can access their phones throughout the show at designated Phone Use Areas in the venue. Guests are encouraged to print their tickets in advance to ensure a smooth entry process. For more information on how Yondr works, click here.
**Due to covid 19, Zanies is not currently utilizing our yondr bags. However, cell phone use is still strictly prohibited and monitored by our staff**
General showtimes are listed below but do change frequently by artist and day of the week. Always view our calendar or call the Box Office to check the specific date for exact show and door times.
|GENERAL SHOWTIMES||GENERAL DOOR TIMES|
|7:00 PM||5:30 PM|
|9:15 PM||8:45 PM|
• Tickets are purchased for a specific show, performer, date & time
• All ticket purchases are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE to any other show, date or time
• Before purchasing tickets, please ensure you can attend the specific show, date & time
• ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL
• All tickets are assessed a Service Fee that is added to the base ticket price whether purchased via phone, website or in-person
• Many shows SELL OUT in advance therefore we do encourage you to purchase your tickets in advance. Advance ticket purchases guarantee you have a seat(s) but not specific seat/seats together (see SEATING below).
• All acts, prices and show times are subject to change without notice
• ID may be required to claim tickets at will call.
HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS
• On our website nashville.zanies.com with credit or debit card
• Call Box Office and purchase with credit, debit, or gift cards & certificates at 615-269-0221 (see Standard Box Office Hours below)
• In person at our Box Office
GENERAL HOUSE RULES
• No outside food or beverages may be brought in or out of Zanies
• You cannot talk in a disruptive manner during the show. We will kindly give you a warning, and if disruption continues you may be asked to leave
• Please DO NOT heckle or comment on jokes. Our shows DON’T need your help. Be courteous to those around you and the comics on stage!
• Obnoxious, loud, drunken and otherwise disruptive behavior WILL NOT be tolerated in the showroom. Participating in such activity will result in IMMEDIATE EJECTION without refund.
• We have a two(2)-item minimum purchase requirement (must include one food item) per person inside the club
• Out of respect to the performers on stage and everyone seated around you ALL of the following are strictly prohibited during shows:
• Mobile Devices including but not limited to Calls and Texts
• Photography and recording video/audio is NOT allowed in the showroom. Please take all of your pictures before or after the show
• Zanies reserves the right to refuse service to any individual
|Standard Box Office Hours|
|BOX OFFICE CLOSES 30 MINS BEFORE LAST SHOW ENDS|
|DAY||CLOSING TIME WHEN NO SHOW IS SCHEDULED|
|Monday||10:00am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:00am to 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am to 5:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am to 5:00pm|
|Friday||10:00am to 9:00pm|
|Saturday||11:00am to 9:00pm|
|Sunday||11:00am to 4:00pm|
• All seating is first come first served therefore we cannot guarantee seating together for tickets purchased.
• We recommend arriving at least 45 minutes to an hour prior to show time for better seat selection.
• If your group wishes to sit together a ticket purchaser needs to arrive early and know the names in which your entire group has purchased tickets under. Groups do NOT have to purchase tickets together.
When purchasing tickets please let us know your handicapped status for seating accommodations. If your tickets were purchased online, please call our Box Office at (615) 269-0221 in advance to make arrangements.
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS
• 18 to Laugh and 21 to Drink.
• Everyone must be 18 years of age or older with a valid photo I.D. for admittance and 21 to consume alcohol. Please be prepared to present an “Acceptable form of identification” meaning:
(A) A state-issued driver license;
(B) A state-issued identification card;
(C) A valid passport; or
(D) A valid military identification
NOTE: College IDs are NOT an acceptable form of I.D.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is there a dress code?
a. Yes, please wear clothes.
2. Where can I park?
a. Parking is always free in our parking lots behind Zanies, in the grassy and unpaved areas around the house located at 809 South Douglas Ave just behind the Dollar General Store, and on all adjacent streets. Please consult the Security Guard for all parking questions.
b. The following have NO PARKING signs posted on their premises and will not hesitate to have your vehicle towed:
i. Daily’s Market/Shell Gas Station (next to Zanies)
ii. Parking lot directly across 8th Avenue from Zanies.
iii. Behind both Townhouse/Condo Complexes on each side of Douglas Avenue directly behind Zanies
3. Can I smoke?
a. All shows are smoke free. As of Friday, September 7, 2007 in accordance with Tennessee State Law all shows are smoke-free. Smoking is permitted outside and patrons may exit & re-enter the showroom.
4. What does a two-item minimum mean?
a. We have a two(2)-item minimum purchase requirement (must include one food item) per person inside the club. The minimum can be any food/beverage items and/or combination thereof. Alcohol does not have to be purchased.
5. Do I need to print out my ticket?
a. No you may claim your tickets at will call with a valid ID.
b. We can print your tickets at the Box Office with a valid ID.
6. How do I get my ticket?
a. Tickets are not sent in advance. You may claim your tickets at the Box Office with a valid ID. The name on your tickets must match the ID.
7. Which show should I attend?
a. Please call the Box Office at (615)-269-0221 for help with choosing a show that you may enjoy!
8. Do you have a military discount?
a. We do not currently offer a military discount
9. Can I bring my infant or child?
a. No babies allowed! We have a strict 18+ age restriction
10. How do you use a ticket received by donation?
a. You must call the box office at 615.269.0221 in order to redeem a donated ticket. They can be used for any show on our schedule but each artist has a contract and each contract states how they can be redeemed. Some may be redeemed in advance and others must be redeemed at door only if there are tickets available.
11. How do I get to perform at Zanies?
a. In order to get the opportunity to perform at Zanies you must email a high resolution clip and a list of references to [email protected] Zanies is a professional stand up comedy club- it is not an open mic room. If you are looking for a list of open mics please go to nashville.standup.com. You must have a high resolution clip and a list of references in order to be considered to showcase at Zanies Comedy Club.
12. Are you hiring?
a. We are not always hiring but any and all resumes can be emailed to [email protected] to be reviewed by our management team. If we have a position open and are considering your application we will contact you via phone or email.
13. Do you have a waiting list for sold out shows?
a. We do not have waiting lists.
14. Can I meet the performer after the show?
a. Each artist determines whether or not they would like to do a meet and greet after the show. Sometimes we have that notice in advance (for example if it is included in the ticket price) and others decide on day of show. Sometimes an artist does not wish to do a meet and greet at all.
15. Do you sell merch?
a. Yes we sell merch on site only.
16. The rest of my party is arriving late, how will they get in?
a. Your party does not have to arrive all together. The ticket holder must grab a table for your group before they arrive. Once your party arrives they may check in under the name of the guest who purchased tickets.
17. Do you have coupons?
a. We often send promo codes through our email club and our text club. We do not currently have physical coupons. You can join our email club by clicking here or visiting the Join Our List tab above. To join our text club text “Zanies” to 22454
18. Is it safe to purchase tickets through a reseller like Craigslist or StubHub?
a. Zanies does not sell tickets through any website other than zanies.com. We can not validate tickets purchased from any unauthorized third-party vendor as they may be lost, stolen, counterfeit, or voided transactions by the original purchaser. We only recommend purchasing tickets from zanies.com, in person at our box office, or by calling us directly at 615-269-0221.
19. What exactly do you mean by VIP tickets?
a. Some performers have the option to purchase VIP tickets for their shows. At a minimum, this means you will be seated in the “VIP section” at the tables closest to the stage. If the VIP ticket includes more perks, such as a photo op with the performer or a piece of merchandise, we list those perks on the event ticket pages.
20. Do you have an open mic?
a. We do not have open mic night. What we do have is amateur showcase nights. In order to submit for those please email [email protected] a high resolution stand up clip and a list of professional comedy references.
21. Do you sell gift cards?
a. We do! Visit the Gift Cards tab above.
ALL SHOWS ARE SMOKE FREE: As of Friday, September 7, 2007 in accordance with Tennessee State Law. Smoking is permitted outside and patrons may exit & re-enter the showroom.
PARKING is always FREE available in our parking lot behind Zanies, in the grassy areas around the house located at 809 South Douglas Avenue just behind the Dollar General Store, and on all adjacent streets. Please consult the Security Guard for all parking questions.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE the following DO have NO PARKING SIGNS POSTED on their premises and will not hesitate to have YOUR VEHICLE TOWED:
1. Daily’s Market/Shell Gas Station (next to Zanies),
2. Douglas Corner Cafe (directly across 8th Avenue from Zanies) and
3. Both Townhouse/Condo Complexes on each side of Douglas Avenue directly behind Zanies.